Vice President, Translational Medicine
Our client is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Vice President, Translational Medicine
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Collaborates with the senior management team to develop the strategy and lead the company’s efforts in translational sciences including biomarker discovery, IND enabling studies, early assessment of biological activity and patient stratification/selection.
- Develops and executes an innovative translational medicine and biomarker strategy based on the best available science and technologies.
- Designs and oversees the use of biomarkers in clinical studies and in clinical decision making.
- Oversees the identification of appropriate vendors to execute assays as well as the transfer and validation of biomarker assays.
- Serves as point-person and holds responsibility for translational strategy and biomarkers discovery on projects and multi-functional clinical program teams.
- Develops and executes scientific strategies to inform drug discovery, development, and regulatory decisions through all phases of drug development.
- Effectively communicates complex concept and strategies to a variety of audiences from investors and board members to members of the community.
- Represents the Translational Medicine function in study management and clinical development cross-functional teams.
- D. in pharmacology, immunology, nonclinical toxicology, or related discipline required.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant and current technical and leadership experience.
- Requires a successful track record developing and executing a translational strategy from preclinical through clinical studies.
- Experience leading programs in oncology is highly preferred.
- Requires experience in drug development process including multiple regulatory submissions.
- Must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- The ability to provide motivational leadership to the organization and improve its performance through the adoption of novel approaches to advancement of clinical assets is required.
- Broad knowledge of oncology is highly preferred.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.