Vice President, Program Leader
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Vice President, Program Leader
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Acts as the strategic lead for the program team, currently in Phase 2 development.
- Acts as the strategic lead for early-stage development program.
- Prioritizes key project objectives, go/no go decisions, data review based on key milestones and program risks, implementation of mitigations plans and development of product development contingency plans.
- Works closely with the project team to develop program strategic plans to achieve corporate goals.
- Works with the project manager, coordinates documentation and archiving of project deliverables and key decisions.
- Communicates effectively across all functional areas so that deliverables and interdependencies are clear.
- Exerts influence on program direction and needs with key stakeholders and partners.
- Proactively identifies challenges, risks, and prepares team with mitigations to navigate team through technical and program challenges as they arise.
- PhD in Biology or related field required. Medical degree or MD/PhD preferred.
- Must have a minimum 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience with 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional development teams including IND submissions.
- Must be highly collaborative and effective working with program teams.
- Requires exceptional leadership skills and interpersonal communication across all levels within the organization.
- The ability to represent the program to key internal and external stakeholders through oral presentations is required.
- Must have excellent judgement in making trade-off decisions for program scope, costs, and strategy.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.