Vice President, Precision Medicine & Biomarkers
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Vice President, Precision Medicine & Biomarkers.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Works closely with the executive management team to prioritize and advance biomarker and precision medicine vision. Aligns biomarker initiatives with the overall goals of the company.
- Articulates biomarker vision, strategy, and performance metrics across platform.
- Plans and executes biological strategies for pipeline assets, explores target mechanisms of action, and validates platform hypotheses.
- Leads scientific activities with strong attention to rigor and differentiation.
- Oversees and mentors a team of direct reports, fostering their professional growth, and ensuring the execution of biomarker research, analysis, and clinical trial strategies.
- Projects resources and financial budgets to support development plans and regulatory submissions.
- Presents biomarker and precision medicine findings and strategies to internal and external stakeholders, including scientific and medical communities, investors, and regulatory agencies.
- Collaborates with and contributes to multidisciplinary drug development teams. Works closely with and provides scientific and technical expertise to early research teams.
- Identifies and collaborates CROs, consultants, and academic collaborators. Manages external research through these collaborations, and advance projects through development milestones.
- Leads the identification and validation of novel biomarkers and the development of associated assays, leveraging cutting-edge technologies and methodologies.
- Stays current with regulatory guidelines and ensures that biomarker and precision medicine strategies and assays meet regulatory requirements.
- PhD or MD/PhD in a relevant field is required (e.g., Immunology, Oncology, Molecular Biology).
- Requires proven leadership experience in biomarker discovery, precision medicine, or related fields, with a strong background in cancer immunotherapy.
- Must have experience having advanced numerous clinical candidates as project leader in large and small companies.
- Experience filing INDs and supporting interactions with regulatory agencies is preferred.
- Experience overseeing the precision oncology and biomarker team in a large pharma or small biotech is required.
- Must have experience elucidating the mechanism of action of compounds and translational research.
- Requires exceptional leadership and team management skills, including experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Must have a strong understanding of cancer immunology, precision medicine, and biomarker strategies.
- A track record of successful collaborations with cross-functional teams and external partners is required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills are required.
- Regulatory experience and familiarity with small biotech company dynamics are advantageous.
- Must be able to interpret key scientific data and translate the findings to meet educational and research needs to affect corporate research strategic activities/decisions.
- Requires an understanding of the design and execution of research studies and strategic implications.
- Must exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence and appreciation of diversity and multiculturalism.
- Requires the proven ability to drive results at a high level of quality as a strategic and creative thinker.
- Must understand the importance of and have a proven track record of maintaining timelines.
- The demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in an ever-changing environment is required.
- Must possess strong consensus-building skills and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams in decision-making.
- Must be able to provide subject matter expertise and mentor others.
- A reasonable amount of travel may be expected.
- Participation at major congresses/investigator meetings may be required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms