Vice President, Manufacturing
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Vice President, Manufacturing.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Creates and leads a high-performing, cross-functional team of global functional
senior leaders responsible for the delivery of the platform strategic objectives.
- Creates ambitious development plans and options for each of their portfolio assets,
with the goal of managing the trade-off between time, risk, cost, and value.
- Ensures alignment of the PST project portfolio to TALT and respective
functional area strategies.
- Holds accountability for the development and oversight of related activities including either the transition of assets into a TALT or E2E Operations/Manufacturing.
- Drives maximum patient value across our portfolio through enhancement of platforms,
novel technologies, and product/process improvements.
- Creates and oversees a 3-year global cross-functional business plan that meets commercial, R&D and E2E strategic objectives.
- Communicates to PST members (full time and flexible) Platform Leadership Team, TALT, Functional leaders in R&D and E2E Operations (where appropriate), and other
functions about platform plans, challenges, and requirements for the Platform’s success.
- Manages the membership of the PST to ensure the constituency is fit-for-purpose to
meet the PST program needs as the platform portfolio matures.
- Creates and manages a high-performing and streamlined, “fit for purpose” PST by leading the full-time members and including flexible members as the PST strategic and tactical requirements evolve.
- Collaborates with appropriate functional area leads to support strategic platform direction.
- Delivers the R&D (and TPIB endorsed) business strategies and respective
- Partners with relevant functions to develop platform strategy and risk mitigated POC development plan for presentation to RDLT’s.
- Actively resources PST by working with and influencing functional leaders for appropriately skilled resources for their platform and Projects at each stage in development.
- Mentors, partners and collaborates with both Product and Platform Strategy Teams as well as within respective PSTs to share best practices and development experience to be applied to other projects within and across R&D.
- Partner with the Platform Leadership Team and Investor Relations functions to develop and actively manage the external messages for the analyst community for end of year results and all other material business interactions.
- Oversees the alignment of the publication strategy to ensure all internal and external
communication reflect platform strategy and team decisions.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- A graduate level degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 12+ years of industry or equivalent product development experience.
- Must have experience as a Level 11 (Executive Director) who consistently demonstrates leadership capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the drug development process is required.
- Must have a proven track record in managing internal and external relationships.
- Must be able to builds organizational programs that unify rather than divide even when it may be faster or easier to work within silos.
- The ability to removes obstacles and help teams access opportunities to advance the business is required.
- Requires outstanding organizational and influencing skills.
- Must be able to operate with authority and confidence.
- Adaptation to organizational structures, processes, systems and culture as needed without getting stuck in old ways of working is required.
- The demonstrated ability to learn new information rapidly and effectively is required.
- Experience in a cross-functional leadership role for the delivery of different aspects of drug development programs is preferred.
- Previous international exposure to different product regulatory agencies is a plus.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms.