Vice President, Gene Therapy Research
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Vice President, Gene Therapy Research
The Company is seeking a Vice President, Gene Therapy Research that will be responsible for driving the company’s next-generation CRISPR proteins from discovery through preclinical development. The role will involve managing the genome engineering team while also being the main point of contact between external research partners and CROs. This person will work closely with company leadership to set research priorities and champion innovation in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Creates and articulates a compelling long-term vision for the gene editing R&D team.
- Implements and executes an aligned strategy that will ensure high quality outcomes.
- Leads the research and pre-clinical development of the company’s genome engineering portfolio, from planning and coordinating the creation of new genome engineering modalities to leading animal studies and IND-enabling activities.
- Oversees and manages technical relationships with external partners and CROs.
- Works with project teams to set objectives and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Develops accurate budgets to support team objectives.
- Proactively identifies potential risks/issues and works with the team to develop mitigation strategies.
- Presents regularly to C-suite and BOD.
- Plays a key role in driving the creation of new genome engineering modalities.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to assist with the scale up of materials and processes, the development and maintenance of quality systems, and regulatory planning.
- Recruits and serves as a mentor to direct reports, technical team leads, and other team members by providing constructive feedback and working to highlight their strengths and improve gaps.
- A Medical Degree or PhD is required.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the translation of gene therapies or genome engineering technologies.
- Must have experience leading preclinical development of gene editing or gene therapy products.
- Extensive experience building and managing teams is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.