Vice President, Discovery
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Vice President, Discovery.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads product-focused discovery projects from ideation to demonstrating therapeutic utility for successful handoff to preclinical development.
- Takes accountability for effective scientific interactions with external biopharma partners, responsible for defining workplans and successfully generating and transferring data and/or materials on time and within budget.
- Brings excellent planning and coordination skills to managing a portfolio of early stage discovery projects and teams (bacterial screening, molecular biology, biochemistry, protein engineering) enabling rapid spin up of projects with focused execution towards immediate proof points.
- Drives projects through multiple inter-team handoffs while still consistently generating meaningful outputs, demonstrating disciplined resource management and effective use of go/no-go gates.
- Contributes to developing and advancing corporate objectives and initiatives partnering with strategy, computational discovery, and business development to align on priorities and timelines ensuring project plans and priorities are supporting the company’s strategic direction by working with internal scientific leaders and external KOLs.
- Provides a pragmatic balance of setting clear targets while enabling the flexibility to follow the signal and iterate while maintaining the highest level of scientific rigor and professionalism within our organization.
- A PhD or equivalent is required.
- Must have a minimum of 12+ years in biological sciences with significant biotech industry experience at the interface from platform to product.
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years of experience operating on the cutting edge of the gene editing field.
- Must be experienced and energized by leading multi-disciplinary early discovery and/or platform development teams.
- Experience in young rapidly growing companies is preferred.
- Outstanding scientific leadership, collaboration, and management skills with an integrated view of business and scientific issues is required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) productively in a fast-paced environment is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.