Vice President, Discovery & Translational Research
Our client is a biotechnology company specializing in next generation antibody therapy. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Vice President, Discovery & Translational Research.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Drives antibody discovery from target identification through phase I clinical trials across all therapeutic areas.
- Effectively communicates company strengths, strategy, and progress to the external scientific and financial communities.
- Creates and implements scientific blueprints and visions for the company’s short and long-term goals.
- Manages, mentors, and develops direct reports while demonstrating ability to build alignment cross-functionally to deliver solutions.
- Fosters an environment of creativity and innovation regarding the technology platform, therapeutic targets, and discovery strategy.
- Uses a patient-centric mindset to deliver solutions that advance company goals.
- A PhD in a related field is required.
- Must have a deep expertise in antibody discovery.
- Requires experience moving molecules from target identification, through IND and into the clinic.
- The ability to work with strategic partners, establish and maintain collaborations, and communicate externally to the scientific and financial communities is required
- Must have intellectual curiosity regarding company technology and a desire to broaden therapeutic areas of expertise.
- Requires the ability to create and implement drug discovery and development strategy for antibody therapy targets based on prior in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of concepts, competitive landscape and direct experience.
- Must have experience leading the effort in generating and obtaining consensus on the criteria for the nomination of a drug candidate to preclinical development and clinical development.
- Experience in the transition of discovery programs into clinical development is required.
- Requires the ability to develop and lead collaborations and conduct science both internally and externally through collaborators and CROs.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Requires the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment, as well as the ability to clearly communicate results to a scientific audience and to maintain detailed written records.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent leadership skills with a record of accomplishment in project and team management, and a track record of mentoring direct reports in a pharmaceutical and biotechnology environment are required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms