Vice President, Corporate Development
Our client is a late-clinical stage biotechnology company with a strong development pipeline. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Vice President, Corporate Development
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads the development of the company’s long-term strategy to maximize value to patients and shareholders, effectively articulating the company’s long-term corporate vision, strategy, and pro-forma financial implications.
- Develops and articulates medium- to long-term Corporate Roadmap including long-term goals and objectives.
- Develops tools and planning processes in support of faster and better decision making.
- Interfaces with executive and functional leadership to lead selected strategic or operational planning processes.
- Supports other functions with key strategic decisions.
- Leads/supports ad hoc internal strategic initiatives in response to opportunities, threats and/or business needs in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Develops framework and hypotheses, leads assessment, and proposes recommendations.
- Prepares and delivers key corporate strategic presentations (including corporate/portfolio presentations, board materials, etc.).
- Leads portfolio strategy efforts which may include disease area planning, business development opportunity assessment, and development of portfolio or resourcing tradeoff recommendations.
- Aligns senior leaders and key stakeholders through excellent interpersonal skills, high EQ, and persuasion.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in science) with MBA or other advanced degree in the sciences required.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of total experience with 10+ years in the following functions: corporate development, business development, corporate strategic planning or management consulting in the area of strategic and business planning.
- Previous management consulting experience highly preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical business including drug development and commercialization.
- Must have strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, including ability to develop strategic frameworks to facilitate decision-making around complex opportunities.
- Must have strong analytical & financial modeling skills (product forecasts, P&L, NPV models, etc.).
- Experience leading and motivating cross-functional teams, and ability to deliver on project timelines, progress, and outcomes required.
- Requires excellent communications skills, in writing and orally, including presentation to senior executives and board.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.