Vice President, Clinical Development
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Vice President, Clinical Development.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Ensures the delivery of high quality clinical development activities.
- Develops clinical development plans, protocols, and publications.
- Provides high quality clinical and scientific content for regulatory submissions and meetings.
- Prepares for stage-gate evaluations and benefit/risk evaluations and assessments.
- Holds responsibility for effective presentations at STRC, and decision making regarding the implementation of recommendations from STRC.
- Collaborates with TA co-leads to optimize project strategy.
- Works with the head of clinical operations to ensure appropriate resourcing to support TA activities (including clinical operations and statistics), and to ensure project planning and execution is aligned with TA priorities.
- Collaborates with research teams to effect continuous planning within projects and strategic alignment.
- Ensures effective collaboration and interface with clinical safety teams in assessment of risk benefit of the organization’s assets.
- Maintains effective oversight of quality in conjunction with appropriate quality functions.
- Ensures that the patient and physician voice is at the forefront in TA strategy development.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Builds a culture of risk taking, innovation and peer review across the clinical function.
- Provides scientific and medical leadership throughout the organization.
- Provides support and insight into business development opportunities.
- A Medical Degree is required.
- Must have 10+ years of pharmaceutical experience in clinical development.
- Requires experience across all phases of development, FIH, POC, late stage development and life cycle management.
- Must have a strong track record of oversight of successful drug development programs.
- Experience across a wide range of regulatory interactions (e.g. filings, ad coms) is required.
- Must have extensive experience in leading teams and line managing a group.
- Strong personal leadership skills are required.
- Requires a high level of self awareness and the awareness of personal impact.
- Must have the ability to interact and influence from the team level to senior management.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms