Vice President, Clinical Development
Our client is an emerging biotech company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Vice President, Clinical Development.
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Takes charge of the design, execution, interpretation, and reporting of the early stages of clinical trials.
- Works with experts to integrate cellular therapy aspects into the overall clinical development strategy.
- Collaborates with academic scientists, clinical experts, and study investigators.
- Represents and advocates for the project in internal and external venues.
- Acts as the clinical lead for business development and partnership activities when needed.
- Acts as an advocate for high standards of compliance, ethics and safety, and puts patients first.
- MD/PhD or equivalent medical degree with US board certification is required.
- A minimum of 8+ years of industry/ academic clinical development experience in hematology/oncology is required.
- Requires leading cross-functional development teams.
- Demonstrated capacity to think creatively when addressing complex situations is required.
- Required experience in first-in-human clinical development including the fabrication, implementation of first in human trial, and submission of INDs.
- Experience with leading pre-IND and IND meetings with health authorities is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to contribute to team efforts in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Great writing skills, a publication track record, and outstanding presentation skills are required.
- Must have an ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Must assure that the highest quality, ethical & professional values are demonstrated in all aspects of the teamwork.
- Must ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, all related healthcare laws and regulations.
- Must have highly collaborative and effective influencing skills as well as the ability to operate across multiple geographies.
- Demonstration of a strong track record of delivering results through effective leadership is required.
- Must have superior interpersonal skills and communication skills, ensuring full alignment of cross-functional teams.
- The ability to effectively manage conflicts and negotiations while providing impact and influence is required.
- Required to communicate regularly and effectively with senior leaders.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Must have experience in translating medical and clinical information into clinical development strategies.
- Must travel approximately 20% of the time.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.