Vice President, Biology
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Vice President, Biology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Serves as a member of our executive leadership team.
- Provides strategic and scientific leadership to project teams to advance discovery programs in a wide scope, including novel mechanistic research, bioactivity evaluation, and translational research.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to drive drug discovery projects, from target selection to candidate nomination.
- Supports business development activities such as in-and-out licensing by providing critical scientific evaluation and insights.
- Interprets, summarizes, and presents research findings at internal and external scientific meetings.
- Acts as an administrative leader and people manager for the discovery biology team.
- A PhD in Molecular Biology, Immunology, or related field is required.
- Must have at least 15 years of drug discovery experience with demonstrated success in drug discovery and management experience at an established pharmaceutical or biotechnology company.
- Requires a deep understanding of current trends and future directions of drug discoveries in oncology and immunology.
- Must have strong scientific and technical expertise in the design, execution, analysis, and interpretation of study results.
- Must have a proven track record of successful evaluation and leadership of external collaborations.
- A collaborative, team-oriented mindset with strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to inspire, direct, and manage scientists.
- The proven ability to move activities across multiple drug discovery programs in a timely manner is required.
- Requires fluency in Mandarin.
- Must be available for international travel for at least 3 months per year.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.