Translational Geneticist/Human Geneticist/Statistical Geneticist
Our client is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company known for its scientific and operational excellence. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Translational Geneticist/Human Geneticist/Statistical Geneticist.
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Extracts genome-wide and exome-wide genetic association results across many traits to identify genes that may cause disease.
- Finds and confirms new drug targets by using company resources and existing knowledge from various data in human genetics.
- Works with a diverse genetics team to strategize, implement, and understand genetics studies in cardiovascular, metabolic and musculoskeletal diseases.
- Collaborates with other team members and forms strong partnerships with other teams to deliver on multifaceted, top-quality scientific endeavors in these Therapeutic Areas.
- Generates, summarizes, and presents results in internal and external meetings to a variety of audiences.
- Leads or contribute to the writing of scientific reports and publications.
Represents the team in cross-functional collaborations within the genetics center and parent company.
- Collaborates with external industry and academic partners in scientific consortia.
- Requires a PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience or corresponding level of success in the field of large-scale human genetics post-PhD.
- Must have established ability to set-up analytical pipelines for the translation of genome-wide studies into the identification of causal variants and genes in a high-performance computing environment.
- Requires established means to integrate human genetics with various and multi-dimensional sets of data.
- Must have the ability to perform human genetics studies carrying novel genetic findings and medically relevant gene discoveries in a team-based environment.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of different genetic association approaches including GWAS, exome or genome sequencing in cohort, case-control or family-based studies.
- Must have the ability to use large genetic datasets.
- Requires experience with the use of applications of statistical genetics in order to gain medically-actionable understandings.
- Must be familiar with command line interface, programming languages and statistical software, statistical genetics tools and large-scale data platforms.
- Previous experience with cardiovascular, metabolic or musculoskeletal phenotypes highly preferred.
- Requires the ability to work in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues.
- Requires the ability to deliver reliable analyses across projects in a high-pace working environment.
- Must have outstanding communication skills and an ability to review and present the results of scientific studies to diverse audiences.
- Requires a commitment to high-quality science and to the highest standards of research and work ethics and integrity.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.