Strategy Consulting Director
Our client is a leading global healthcare company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Strategy Consulting Director.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Drives high visibility, complex projects for Executive Team that secure organizational efficiencies or maximize performance opportunities in alignment with company priorities.
- Ensures the generation and maintenance of integrated project plans (strategy development, decision framework, risks management, opportunities identification, action-oriented output, and timing) that reflect the approved balance of scope, time, and resources.
- Guides and coaches workstream leads to ensure superior project delivery on all owned initiatives.
- Manages customer requirements and stakeholder needs as well as project deliverables in accordance with project budget, scope, schedule, and staffing.
- Ensures relevant reporting and follow up on progress.
- Plans and organizes team tasks, deliverables, and work streams.
- Monitors value metrics to inform decisions that maximize returns across enterprise projects and programs.
- Oversees analysis of multi-faceted, complex issues and guide identification of new solutions, guiding principles, concepts, and tools to continuously improve performance - both within and across functional areas and geographical boundaries.
- Prioritizes programs and projects based on company objectives.
- Proactively assesses project opportunities and participates in project development tasks, e.g., strategies, pre-analysis, proposals, business cases.
- Identifies and builds an external network of partnerships that provides perspective on the diverse biospace ecosystem as it relates to the business; provide perspective on the potential impact of external market signals that could impact business growth and performance.
- Delivers high quality work and builds reputation.
- Directs all phases of projects to ensure project execution and deliver on measurable business value outcomes.
- Develops high-performing execution teams cross-departmentally.
- Assumes full responsibility for several large-scale complex strategic projects.
- Takes full project ownership and successfully manages complex projects in terms of time and issue handling even when the project does not run as originally intended.
- Independently prepares project plans with clear milestones and delegates responsibilities.
- Drives discussions around a strong problem-solving logic to ensure that the project can be solved most effectively.
- Ensures that the team always produces well-structured and well-argued end-products with clear and precise messages.
- Coaches junior members and motivates many kinds of people.
- Independently drives anchoring of solution with key stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of ten years of experience in either Financial Management, Project Management, General Management, or Business Development with significant exposure to Financial and strategic processes.
- A Graduate Degree in a relevant field may be substituted for up to two years of experience, when appropriate.
- Requires a demonstrated understanding across the US pharmaceutical value chain.
- At least five years of proven internal or external strategy consulting experience is required.
- Prior experience from tier 1 Life Science consultancies is strongly preferred.
- Must have an expert understanding of general business processes with an ability to teach others.
- The ability to secure timely execution of agreed actions is required.
- Must be an ambitious individual with a desire to simplify the way we operate.
- A proactive business partnering, and continuous improvement mindset is required.
- Requires a strong focus on process and structured workflows.
- Must have strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to understand and define stakeholder information needs and translate these into clear actions.
- Requires proven experience working with consulting frameworks.
- Exemplary leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate others is required.
- Must have the ability to manage brand recognition to uphold strong project delivery across projects and ensure clarity on consulting role and project scope in each project that is taken on.
- The strong ability to condense complicated data into a simple message or format is required.
- Requires the ability and drive to develop a new cross collaborative unit.
- Must display an ability to understand and make decisions with a senior mindset.
- Requires high integrity.
- Must be an idea-generator with the ability to facilitate idea-generation across functions.
- Must be able to utilize time effectively and set priorities to manage multiple projects with sensitive deadlines.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- The ability to work with complex information and distill into a framework that helps facilitate decision making is required.
- Requires extensive experience supporting cross-functional projects in a global matrix organization.
- Must be an expert in using PC tools. PowerPoint and Excel skills are required.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms.