Senior Vice President, Viral Vector
Our client is a gene therapy company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Senior Vice President, Viral Vector.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Is an active member of the scientific leadership team that can manage highly talented and motivated scientists within their team as well as cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Works closely with other functions to develop innovative approaches to vector engineer novel constructs.
- Develops the strategic framework and leads the team to execute the plan to deliver drug discovery candidates from internal research programs.
- Supports key research objectives in the identification and solution of challenges that face the field of gene therapy.
- Oversees viral vectors research in collaboration with other functions.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads team to generate high-quality functional and translational data in both in vitro and in vivo setting.
- Mentors emerging program leaders in program and project leadership of lead candidate programs.
- Ensures compliance with safety-related regulations, and with good research practices.
- A PhD in the life sciences field is required.
- Must have 15-20 years of experience in industry life science R&D, with a solid record of publications and inventions.
- Requires experience in discovery, pre-clinical development, research- and GMP-scalable platforms.
- Must be experienced in producing candidate-selection and IND-enabling data to support (and lead) viral-based gene therapy programs.
- Experience in a startup is preferred.
- Must have at least eight years of experience managing PhD-level researchers.
- The demonstrated ability to manage and work with cross functional teams of highly skilled scientists and research associates of both research and development in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and technical environment is required.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills and be capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Must be comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Must be confident, execution-focused, and team-oriented.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms