Senior Vice President, Discovery
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Senior Vice President, Discovery.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Is responsible for drug discovery strategies and execution from target selection to IND submission for the company’s pipeline and collaborations.
- Integrates medicinal, platform, and computational chemistry into overall chemistry strategy and ensures resources and expertise are allocated appropriately to meet company deliverable goals.
- Leads talented and established teams. Manages and mentors emerging talent.
- Collaborates with biology teams to ensure high quality strategies and execution for all new drug discovery projects.
- Contributes to the identification and validation of novel drug targets in oncology, immunology including platform novel E3 ligases and molecular glue degraders.
- Identifies and oversees external expert technical and scientific resources as required.
- Drives the drug discovery strategies (with disease area support) from target ID to IND filing.
- Works with key academic partners and key opinion leaders to ensure scientific and technical excellence.
- A PhD in Chemistry or related discipline is required.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of medicinal chemistry leadership experience.
- Must be a highly influential leader, discovery-oriented mindset, positive but honest in data interpretation, enthusiastic, goal-driven, collaborative, and team-oriented, open-minded, creative, self-aware, and possess excellent communication skills.
- Direct experience in building novel chemistry platforms, ideally in new chemistry modalities, is required.
- Must have experience in leading multi-disciplinary project teams and drug discovery teams in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous experience in oncology and/or immunology drug discovery is preferred.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, be a self-starter, driver, autonomous and creative thinker.
- Strong business acumen and ethics are required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms.