Senior Program Head, Cell Therapy
Our client is a biotechnology company focused on genome editing. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Senior Program Head, Cell Therapy.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Acts as the head of a portfolio of programs with both early and clinical stage development teams to drive program strategies.
- Serves as a point of primary accountability.
- Oversees cross functional program teams which encompass regulatory, clinical operations, pharmacology, biomarkers, CMC, medical, legal, and business development professionals.
- Develops a range of program strategies, decision points, risks and mitigation planning, and scenarios and trade-offs to ensure integrated development plans are created and maintained for all programs within the portfolio.
- Oversees program direction by collaborating with the program team representatives and other senior functional leaders.
- Defines team structure, roles, and responsibilities to deliver on program goals.
- Fosters a team culture of ownership, continuous evaluation, and improvement.
- Communicates program progress and issues to key stakeholders, senior management, executive teams, board of directors, and external committees.
- Contributes expertise to the continuing development of the organization as well as the portfolio and program management function to help further the needs of the company.
- An advanced degree along with 15+ years of experience in a biotechnology setting is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Requires a thorough understanding of the drug development process.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to perform at a strategic level as well as in a hands-on capacity.
- Early and late-stage clinical development experience is required, product launch experience is desired.
- Must have the ability to drive decision making at the program and leadership team levels and the ability to create a strong collaborative dynamic.
- Experience with gene or cell therapy development programs is a plus.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms