Senior Principal Scientist/Director, Pharmacology – Metabolic
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Senior Principal Scientist/Director, Pharmacology – Metabolic.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Enables and supports the advancement of novel therapeutics into clinical development through driving innovative science, participating in/leading program teams or sub-teams, and driving scientific deliverables against agreed timelines.
- Works cross-functionally to develop and implement pharmacology studies to address key program-related questions and challenges.
- Collaborates with our internal team, external experts and CROs to implement novel models and characterize key metabolites and nutrients, including amino acids and bacterial metabolites.
- Acts as a key member of the research leadership team and plays an active role in strategic discussions related to research programs.
- Collaborates with the head of biology and the metabolic portfolio team to think beyond current programs and contribute to the identification and characterization of new targets and indications.
- Leads our metabolic biology team by inspiring high performance and supporting the advancement of the team.
- A PhD in metabolic disease or related discipline is required.
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years of industry-related experience.
- Must have prior experience advancing programs towards clinical development, with a successful track record in working on programs that have resulted in IND submissions.
- Requires experience in writing pre-clinical reports and IND sections.
- Must have adequate expertise in working with complex animal models in therapeutic areas such as inborn errors of metabolism, rare diseases, or general metabolic diseases.
- Experience developing in vivo models and their application to therapeutic discovery and development is required.
- Requires a track record of successful external collaboration with key opinion leaders and CROs.
- Prior experience in working on long term research plans is a plus.
- Prior experience in working to identify, validate and prioritize new targets is required.
- Must have experience working in cross functional multidisciplinary teams and directly managing PhD and non-PhD scientists.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, as well as a successful record of innovative and creative thinking.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.