Senior Medical Director, Oncology
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Senior Medical Director, Oncology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Handles the day-to-day clinical trial activities and ensures that all studies are conducted with the highest level of GCRP, ethical, and safety standards.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for interactions with investigators and CRO medical monitors as it relates to the conduct of clinical studies for which they have primary responsibility.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Functions as the medical representative on integrated project teams.
- Reviews individual adverse experience reports for accuracy and clinical importance and characterizes their relationship to the study drug, severity, seriousness, and expectedness.
- Works closely with other functions to provide accurate information to the FDA or other regulatory agencies.
- Reviews clinical safety data including adverse events, laboratory values and concomitant medications to establish the presence or absence of abnormal trends and follow up as appropriate.
- Leads or supports the preparation of clinical protocols, integrated clinical and statistical summary reports, clinical sections of regulatory submissions, clinical study reports and peer-review publications for national and international meetings and/or journals.
- Presents findings internally and externally, acting as a spokesperson relating to the trial, compound, or indication.
- Provides clinical input to support engagements with external experts, advisors, and business development teams.
- Requires a Medical degree with board certification (or board equivalent) in medical oncology.
- Must have at least five years of drug development industry experience with at least three years in oncology-related clinical research. Early phase development and immuno-oncology experience is preferred.
- Requires the ability to build key relationships easily across all levels of the company, ability to influence without conflict, lead change, and manage resistance to change.
- Must be capable of highly independent work as well as being a team player.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms