Senior Director, Medical Affairs
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Senior Director, Medical Affairs.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Designs and manages the implementation of the medical strategy, with particular focus on medical activities prior to and in the two years post product launch.
- Creates goals, strategy, and content creation for Advisory Boards.
- Fosters scientific dialogue and engagement with top external medical experts to gain insights into disease state, critical unmet needs, patient management, and therapeutic landscape.
- Leads development of the program publication strategy (in collaboration with Scientific Communications), and writes and/or reviews abstracts, manuscripts, and scientific presentations with assigned functional leads as needed.
- Leads development of publication plan for strategic content placement at major conferences of key interest.
- Creates content for exhibit booths at major relevant congresses.
- Ensures medical engagement activities are executed in full compliance with regional regulations.
- Reviews and discusses strategic insights gained at key congresses with internal team.
- Maintains relationships with top members of professional societies.
- Maintains close relationships with patient advocacy groups and deliver medical advocacy plan that drives successful launch and innovative and differentiated new medicines.
- Attends key conferences in the therapeutic space and highlight key developments for consideration by medical affairs team.
- Provides support for clinical team with development of key background information for regulatory documents as needed.
- Provides guidance for strategic post-hoc, real world and interventional studies including externally sponsored research applications.
- Develops and oversee medical affairs budget.
- Builds and leads the MSL team. Assesses strategic insights delivered by MSL team on competitive insights and perception of product value.
- Reviews and gives feedback on MSL presentations and provides feedback on insights from the field pre and post approval.
- Communicates to the executive team strategic insights from KOL engagement and the MSL team in order to inform strategic plans for communications, future studies, and HEOR projects.
- An advanced degree is required. A Medical degree is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of seven years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- A minimum of three years in Medical Affairs with respiratory experience is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully leading cross-functional matrix teams is required.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully partnering with commercial counterparts is required.
- Launch experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to critically analyze research design, methods, and outcome measures.
- Must be a team player who is willing to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and is easily understood in written materials and presentations.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and a track record for operational excellence is required.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills in building and developing teams.
- Demonstrated strength in strategic planning and tactical plan development and execution is required.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of pharma guidelines and regulations and able to apply compliance knowledge to Medical Affairs activities.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms