Senior Director, Market Access & Pricing, Oncology
Our client is a pharmaceutical company focused on creating lifesaving medicines for patients through use of modern and innovative science. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Senior Director, Market Access & Pricing, Oncology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Defines the pricing, tendering and contract Strategies in partnership with various teams.
- Supports the development of concepts on pricing and access to personalized Oncology therapeutics.
- Defines the B2B and B2G experiences and their delivery.
- Contributes to annual forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Informs price-setting through pricing research using relevant analytical approaches and pricing research methods.
- Determines optimal value-based or market-based pricing strategies through the application of price setting methodologies, product label and internal product positioning.
- Contributes to the globalization of therapeutics to populations across new and emerging markets.
- Supports the Vice President of Global Market Access in developing environmental shaping initiatives through the industry association and payer networks.
- Makes recommendations to business on the selection of appropriate approaches.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of innovative pricing models and managed entry schemes to address payer needs.
- Generates pricing solutions for affordability considerations.
- Develops the Global Pricing Policy and associated pricing story.
- An MS or MBA is required.
- Requires a minimum of ten years of experience in the biopharmaceutical or vaccines environment.
- Must have a minimum of seven years’ experience in market access.
- Must have a strong scientific background and understanding and experience in early pipeline products.
- Must have experience developing and leading implementation of strategic pricing, tendering, contracting and negotiation.
- Experience required in global pricing policy development.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of evidence-based medicine standards, patient reported outcomes, global and local healthcare policies and their developments, and key pricing & market access regulations and practices in US (essential), Japan, Germany, and UK international pricing interdependencies.
- The knowledge of health technology assessment, economics of healthcare systems, economic flows, drivers and barriers for healthcare providers, outcomes-based pricing & contracting agreements, payer-relevant value-added services is required.
- Must have the proven ability to develop external networks.
- Requires a strong sense of priorities and the ability to handle various projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with industry groups and alliances is required.
- Must have strong diplomatic & interpersonal skills and be able to inspire respect and trust from others.
- Fluent spoken and written English is required, knowledge of an additional language is desirable.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 150 Best Executive Recruiting Firms.