Senior Director, Market Access & Government Policy
Our client is a pharmaceutical company focused on creating lifesaving medicines for patients through use of modern and innovative science. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Senior Director, Market Access and Government Policy.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Acts as point of contact concerning government affairs, pricing, and reimbursement strategies for the Emerging Markets region.
- Develops and leads strategies which enable respective markets to differentiate and defend the value of the company, as well as secure political support for the funding and regulatory review, and approval for all products in the pipeline.
- Leads the development and execution of strategies which maximize access in known market segments and channels and develops innovative strategies that assist in transforming and developing new market segments and customer channels.
- Develops strategies which enable the company to effectively engage with trade associations.
- Represents the company in relevant policy discussion and interactions with various industry associations.
- Identifies and supports opportunities for leadership in external forums and events regarding the development, access, pricing, immunization systems and deployment of pipeline products.
- Leads the development and execution of strategies and plans which will shape policy goals to create an environment that enables the achievement of the overall strategy and business objectives.
- Works closely with global communications to manage all matters concerning market access across the Emerging Markets region.
- A MS or PhD in life science, Business, Health Policy, Public Health, or Law is required.
- Must have a minimum of fifteen years of experience in the biopharmaceutical environment and five years of leading and executing strategies for Market Access and Government Affairs.
- Must have a strong track record of leadership building, growing businesses and shaping policies and market access that resulted in a significant improvement in population health.
- Required the proven ability to develop and manage complex external networks.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively engage internal and external audiences.
- Must have experience working with industry groups and alliances.
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence without authority.
- Requires strong analytical skills and sharp learning agility.
- Requires the ability to work within leadership teams and cross-functionally with regional and global partners.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead boldly and collaboratively.
- Must be fluent in English, additional knowledge of foreign language preferred.
- Requires a passion for driving business results and creating a positive impact on population health.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 150 Best Executive Recruiting Firms