Senior Director, Market Access and Pricing, Rare Disease
Our client is a pharmaceutical company focused on creating lifesaving medicines for patients through the use of modern and innovative science. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Senior Director, Market Access and Pricing, Rare Disease.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Oversees early Market Access and Pricing activities for pipeline products in therapeutic area.
- Monitors and anticipates evolving market access, institutional customers, and competitive landscapes.
- Defines pricing, tendering, contracting and life-cycle strategies in close alignment with global colleagues.
- Ensures robust value generation and pricing practices, as well as protocols and operations to ensure an efficient and compliant organization.
- Collaborates with global functions including Operations, HEOR, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs and Brand Teams.
- Provides adequate program designs, development plans, and market access and pricing recommendations for early products.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of fundamental principles of pharmaceutical industry pricing and access at different phases of the product lifecycle to recommend business on the selection of appropriate approaches.
- Determines optimal Value-Based or Market Based pricing strategies through the application of price setting methodologies, product label and internal product positioning.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of innovative pricing models and manages entry schemes to address payer needs.
- Generates pricing solutions for affordability considerations including innovative funding and payment mechanisms.
- Defines and executes early access strategies and relevant programs.
- Develops the Global Pricing Policy and associated pricing story.
- Provides pricing and access guidance and insights to commercial teams.
- Supports strategic plans, budget and brand plan exercises with robust pricing and access assumptions.
- An MS or PhD in Life Science, Business, Health Policy, Public Health, or Law is required.
- Must have a minimum of ten years of experience in the biopharmaceutical environment and seven years of leading and executing strategies for Market Access, Pricing, Reimbursement, or Policy.
- Must have a strong track record of leadership building, growing businesses and shaping policies and market access that resulted in a significant improvement in population health.
- Requires the proven ability to develop and manage complex external networks.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively engage internal and external audiences.
- Must have experience working with industry groups and alliances.
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence without authority.
- Requires strong analytical skills and sharp learning agility.
- Requires the ability to work within leadership teams and cross-functionally with regional and global partners.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead boldly and collaboratively.
- Must be fluent in English, additional knowledge of foreign language preferred.
- Requires a passion for driving business results and creating a positive impact on population health.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 150 Best Executive Recruiting Firms