Head of Marketing
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company focused on cancer therapeutics. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Head of Marketing
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Develop the Brand Plan for the launch and continued market adoption of the company’s product.
- Oversees the selection and management of key vendor partners.
- Supports a positive customer experience for physicians and patients.
- Works closely with cross-functional partners to develop and maintain a deep understanding of the market, leveraging market research, competitive intelligence initiatives and other business planning and analytics.
- Holds P&L responsibility for the brand.
- Develops and refines forecast assumptions based on market research.
- Manages the allocation of brand investments to achieve strategic imperatives while meeting financial targets.
- Establishes key metrics for success.
- Identifies opportunities and gaps to achieving goals and continued growth
- Oversees the execution of all marketing strategies and tactics including brand, payor, product PR and communications and disease education.
- Partners with the Market Access team to develop pricing and contracting strategies to optimize competitive positioning and optimize the value proposition.
- Implements ongoing ROI tracking and tactic refinement while ensuring compliance with company and regulatory guidelines.
- Works closely with leadership and medical affairs/outcomes research partners to develop and achieve feedback on the company’s product through advisory boards.
- Builds strategies for observational data, publications, medical congresses, advocacy and guidelines within compliance regulations.
- Closely works with sales training to develop and implement field readiness plans as a part of launch planning.
- Partners with Manufacturing and Finance to ensure accurate supply planning and inventory management.
- Attracts, recruits and retains talented individuals to the marketing team including performance management and professional development.
- Advises commercial and executive leadership on key market strategy takeaways to inform corporate objectives, quantify risks and opportunities and make recommendations for action.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA or advanced degree highly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Requires 5+ years of oncology and/or rare disease experience.
- Requires 3+ years of US brand leadership experience.
- Must possess recent and significant experience in planning, launch and successful commercialization.
- Attention to detail and track record of excellence in execution required.
- Requires strong understanding of the business of oncology or rare disease.
- Pediatric experience highly preferred.
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to execute, both individually and by leading teams, to achieve operational excellence in the face of challenging goals required.
- Requires comprehensive understanding of legal and regulatory issues impacting pharmaceutical marketing.
- The ability to travel 30% of the time is required.
If interested, please email your resume as a Word attachment to us. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.