Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Senior Director, Corporate Communications.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Develops and executes cohesive and proactive corporate communications and media relations strategy to raise the company’s visibility, its science and products, and key leadership.
- Develops the company’s ongoing investor relations strategy with external IR vendors and members of the internal investor relations team, including helping articulate the company’s vision and strategy, and helping to develop a long-term investment thesis.
- Anticipates, drafts, and manages the review process for all news announcements and internal/external communications, including earnings press releases, call scripts, and Q&A documents.
- Manages the communication governance process that ensures message buy-in from related parties and the Management Team.
- Leads the coordination of media interactions, and ensures spokespeople are carefully prepared and equipped with appropriate messaging and understanding of disclosure strategy.
- Manages efforts to update and refresh corporate and investor messaging. Regularly revisits and refines key messages, corporate presentations, and Q&A materials to ensure accuracy and reflect corporate messaging.
- Leads event preparations for relevant reporter engagements, executive presentations, stakeholder events, and related activities.
- Manages public relations and corporate communications agency partners to maximize impact and assistance in reaching desired communications goals and objectives.
- Provides clear and firm direction to agencies and internal partners for enterprise messaging, channel mix selection, content development, and tactical delivery.
- Oversees the publications process in collaboration with investor relations and the scientific teams.
- Partners with the People team to develop effective employee communication plans that strengthen recruitment, employee value proposition, employee engagement, and company culture.
- At least 10+ years of communications or corporate affairs experience is required.
- Experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry, or communications/PR agencies within the biotechnology field is preferred.
- BA/BS in Communications (or relevant field) is required.
- Must demonstrate a deep understanding of biotechnology and scientific and financial media.
- Must have a proven track record of building and effectively implementing successful corporate brand initiatives.
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance standards in the healthcare industry is required.
- Must have experience in managing agency and vendor relationships.
- Experience at expertly managing sensitive situations, crisis communications, and issues impacting reputation is required.
- Must have excellent business judgment when making decisions, and outstanding budget management and organization skills.
- Strong executive presence and outstanding interpersonal skills is required.
- Must have superior written, presentation, creative, and facilitation skills.
- Requires excellent project management abilities, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, and successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities is required.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.