Senior Director, Biology
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Senior Director, Biology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Acts as a key member of the organizations Research and Development team and will provide the leadership and expertise necessary to assess and evaluate projects from diverse sources.
- Advises and supports the Head of Discovery in overseeing the organization’s discovery and preclinical projects, ensuring timely and quality technical performance.
- Helps develop and ensure cost-efficient methods for going from leads to drug candidates, and ultimately the filing of INDs.
- Leads or co-leads a portion of the organization’s preclinical portfolio.
- Identifies, evaluates and selects potential portfolio projects and appropriate compounds and product candidates for drug development.
- Provides scientific, technical and strategic leadership on biological aspects of drug research and development.
- Marshals appropriate cutting-edge technologies to drive forward existing and future programs.
- Collaborates in a productive manner within the team to help drive and maximize research and development activities.
- Represent the organization externally in scientific, financial and business development communities and in meetings with regulatory bodies.
- Reports progress towards research milestones to the Head of Research, the Research and Development team, the Scientific Advisory Committee and the management of the organization.
- Evaluates the progress of portfolio projects to ensure that resources are being put to best use and that the projects will meet all critical success factors, and prepares materials for interim and formal project reviews.
- Helps to manage and build research capabilities, ensuring a culture that is capable of attracting and retaining the best talents.
- Stays current on developments in biology and R&D in industry and academia.
- Ensures timely publication of research papers and maintains association with scientific and professional organizations to enhance the organization’s prestige.
- Helps manage the Discovery and preclinical development budgets.
- Holds responsibility for compliance with applicable GxP regulations in performing the functions of the job.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms.