Sales Manager – West
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Sales Manager – West.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Develops and executes strategic business plans to obtain new customers, maintain/grow existing customer accounts, and meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Generates sales qualified leads and convert to opportunities that guide customers to products that meet their research goals.
- Manages the complete sales process through CRM driven metrics.
- Reports on all lead/opportunity creation and all relevant sales activity.
- Manages weekly review of sales analytics through scheduled communication with NASL.
- Proactively uses lead generation, opportunity creation and conversion rate metrics to maximize territory revenue performance and refine selling methodologies.
- Creates quotes and supporting documents to advance sales opportunities.
- Calls on various roles within an account; includes roles from grad students to C-level.
- Increases market awareness/interest and feedback market/competitive knowledge to organization.
- Enhances customer relationships via consultation, education, and support to ensure satisfaction.
- Partners with Field Service Engineers and Application Specialists to support all customer activities.
- Supports local and national trade shows to increase customer product awareness.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant biology, chemistry, or engineering discipline.
- A working knowledge of cell biology research and development is required. Research experience with reagents and instrumentation for CRISPR gene editing, genomics, single-cell biology, cell imaging, cell sorting, is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years direct sales experience in life science capital equipment sales is required.
- In-depth market knowledge and a network of customer relationships is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM is required.
- Experience with social media marketing is a plus.
- High degree of leadership, adaptability, independence, and emotional intelligence is required.
- Requires the demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- Must be organized and able to balance multiple projects and prioritize appropriately.
- Must have outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Requires the willingness to work in entrepreneurial, small-company, team environment.
- Demonstrated writing and oral communication skills are required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Travel expected >60%. The proper candidate will be considered Northern California, or alternatively Southern California.
- Must be able to work in the U.S.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms