Sales Engineer – Digital Pathology
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Sales Engineer - Digital Pathology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Presents, promotes, and sells company solutions including services to existing and prospective customers.
- Travels overnight as necessary for customer appointments, trade shows and customer meetings.
- Visits active opportunities to determine their needs and to develop a long-term relationship in the assigned geography.
- Manages customer's demonstrations – prioritizing, arranging and demonstrating the functionality and features of the solutions for consultative sales.
- Maintains and reports accurate accounts, opportunities, and funnels data in CRM and internal communication software.
- Forecasts sales and reports needs for product improvements or new products to management and factory.
- Analyzes won deals, expectations, customer satisfaction (NPS), market, competition and trends, and communicates winning strategy.
- Creates strategic territory plans to meet annual revenue objectives, maps out territory and identifies market potential.
- Develops customer base through cold calling, referrals, and industry events.
- Develops and maintains a strategic relationship with all Identified key opportunities by completing a strategic customer plan.
- Maintains a knowledge base for our products, pathology, informatics, industry trends and competitors’ products.
- A Bachelor's degree in science, biology or engineering is required.
- Must have two years of sales experience in a pathology related business.
- Requires five years of successful selling experience in the life science space.
- Must have strong working knowledge of the overall life science industry and understanding the basic principles of light microscopy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving, listening and organizational skills are strongly desired.
- Advanced customer relationship skills are required.
- Must be able to travel to and from customer sites across the U.S. and Canada around 75% of working days.
- Knowledge of anatomical pathology, biology or general laboratory services is required.
- Requires intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Must have a track record of rapidly and consistently generating sales revenue.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms