Principal/Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Principal/Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Holds responsibility for conducting scientific research for the discovery of novel drug candidates.
- Applies the principles and techniques of chemistry to potential inventions, products, and challenges.
- Independently plans, executes, and proposes experiments that support project goals.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of understanding of project goals and methods.
- Develops new experiments to advance scientific knowledge of drug substances or techniques to identify such substances.
- Recommends alternatives, researches new techniques, and seeks out senior personnel to propose potential solutions to challenges.
- Advises and manages Research Associates, Scientists, or members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation, considering economic and safety factors.
- Writes technical reports and technical presentations within area of expertise.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires comprehensive evaluation of many factors.
- Serves as an area expert with technical depth for projects and for other team members.
- Maintains a high level of expertise of relevant scientific and technical literature and applies it to research projects.
- Uses strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate objectives and results.
- Maintains full working knowledge of principles and theories and applies knowledge to the research direction that supports the interests of the organization.
- Uses technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration with team members to suggest experimental development and research strategies.
- Makes contributions to scientific literature and conferences through publication and presentation of research results.
- A PhD in Chemistry with 8-10 years of relevant experience, or an MS degree with 16 or more years of relevant industry work experience is required.
- Requires expertise in Organic Chemistry with a focus on synthetic methodology or total synthesis.
- Must have strong synthetic understanding and knowledge of modern organic synthesis methods.
- Must have excellent leadership, communication (both verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Experience supervising junior associates with a strong desire to succeed is required.
- ADC experience is preferred but not required.
- Must have the proven ability to think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in supervising others, leading scientific teams and working in a matrix environment is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms.