Our client is a life sciences consulting company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Principal/Senior Principal.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Drives and expands the consulting practice by winning new business within existing and/or new clients across our portfolio of offerings.
- Manages key client accounts by building and maintaining strong relationships to grow accounts and ensure client satisfaction.
- Fulfills a key leadership function within the business by driving the development, engagement, and motivation of all employees as well as leading and driving change within the business.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Designs and delivers a targeted sales approach for key accounts, ensuring alignment across client teams and other key internal stakeholders to maximize client growth and leverage opportunities across the network.
- Leads business development activity.
- Creates and communicates a compelling Value Proposition to clients.
- Forecasts sales planning for assigned accounts and drives account performance against forecast.
- Supports colleagues in winning new business against areas of expertise.
- Grows client accounts by developing and building relationships with key stakeholders within the account, to include identifying new opportunities and new relationships.
- Manages client accounts to achieve agreed revenue and profit targets.
- Oversees, plans, and manages accounts to ensure effective and accurate resourcing, the production of high-quality deliverables and delivery of a positive customer experience.
- Supports Project Managers to deliver high quality work and manage client relationships within projects.
- Manages all legal and contractual elements of the client relationship, in partnership with the COO & CFO.
- Supports the development of new service offerings and/or products, in line with business strategic aims.
- Identifies and leads thought leadership initiatives.
- Develops the skillset of junior employees to support the development and delivery of a broader service offering.
- Continues to drive profitability of projects by ensuring effective pricing.
- Mentors and develops a group of employees, to include the full spectrum of management activities.
- As a member of the Extended Leadership Team, supports the ongoing management of the business and leads change initiatives to address business issues.
- Requires an advanced degree in life sciences from leading global faculty and/or MBA from a leading global business school.
- Must be deeply familiar with the US pharma industry and commercial strategy consulting.
- Must have at least seven years of recent management consulting experience, with company recognized as leading in its field.
- Must have a track record of professional success, with successive stages of advancement.
- Requires the ability and willingness to travel, including the possession of a US driver’s license.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must have a track record in winning business, building client relationships from scratch, and developing large client accounts.
- An in-depth market knowledge in specified business areas is required.
- Requires the ability to build long-term, mutually beneficial relationship at all levels, both externally and internally, to include strong influencing, negotiation, and conflict management skills.
- Must have excellent leadership capability, with a passion for and track record of engaging, inspiring and developing others.
- Must be a strategic thinker and commercially minded.
- The ability to thrive and operate in a fluid environment is required.
- Must be proactive with a solutions-focused mindset.
- Must have ability to question, observe, associate (make unconventional connections), network for ideas and experiment to bring to life novelty in all that we do.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Experience in pharma competitive intelligence is preferred.
- Depth in one or more of the following therapeutic areas is highly desired: Oncology, Neurology, Vaccines, Immunology, Cell & Gene, Rare Disease.
- Fluency in languages other than English is desirable.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms