Principal Scientist, Immunology
Our client is a biotechnology company who focuses on gene therapy. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Principal Scientist, Immunology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Builds internal expertise in immunology in the context of multiple tissues, including retina and tumor microenvironment non-viral gene therapy.
- Leads, designs, and executes experiments for drug discovery programs within the context of immunology and immune mechanisms relevant to specific tissues and disease areas.
- Supervises a sub-group of direct report scientists and research associates.
- Acts as a key point of contact and coordinates activities of the external CRO.
- A PhD in immunology or biological sciences with a focus on immunology is required.
- Must have 6+ years of drug discovery experience in industry or equivalent experience in academia.
- Post-doctoral training experience is required.
- Requires extensive knowledge of immunology, including molecular mechanisms and pathways related to immunological checkpoints.
- An understanding of immune mechanisms such as antigen presentation and T cell activation in the context of tumor biology is a plus.
- In-depth and up to date knowledge of concepts and hands on experience in cellular and molecular mechanisms, and in vitro and in vivo model systems relevant to immunology are required.
- Must have the ability to work at the bench.
- The ability to collaborate and conduct science both internally and externally through collaborators and CRO’s is required.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to clearly communicate results to a scientific audience while maintaining detailed written records.
- The demonstrated ability to conduct research projects and publish peer-reviewed journals is required.
- Must have excellent scientific leadership skills with a record of accomplishment in project execution and mentoring junior associates in a pharmaceutical and biotechnology or academic environment.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms