Principal Scientist, Immunology/Fibrosis
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Principal Scientist, Immunology/Fibrosis.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Develops and establishes in-vivo non-oncological immunotherapy platforms in liver fibrosis and auto-immune disease.
- Executes a variety of collecting and ex-vivo processing of tissues to obtain readouts including cell infiltration, cell phenotype, and cytokine levels.
- Analyzes a wide variety of in vitro experiments such as immunological assays and multi-color flow cytometry profiling to characterize and evaluate immunotherapy candidates.
- Appropriately analyzes data, interprets results, and maintains accurate laboratory notebook records; prepares and delivers presentations at team meetings and management group.
- Troubleshoots and optimizes experiments and procedures.
- Keeps current with advances in the company’s area of research interest.
- Supervises a small team of research associates performing in vivo experiments.
- Supports multiple research projects flexibly as the company grows.
- Must have doctorate degree in life sciences or related discipline, with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience, or MS with 8 years of experience in the field.
- Experience with IV/IP/SC injections in mice, dosing and bleeding, disease progression monitoring, collecting blood samples, tissue collection and processing, and recording data are essential.
- Experience with flow cytometry, cell-based functional assays, cell line culture, primary immune cell culture, transduction/transfection, and cytokine release (ELISA/MSD) is required.
- Experiences with murine liver fibrosis models including NAFLD NASH induced model, CCL4 model is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with in vitro or in vivo autoimmune models is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience supervising technicians is preferred.
- Proven records of publications with liver fibrosis and auto-immune disease are preferred.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a small team is required.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to perform detailed data analysis and keep accurate records.
- Should be highly motivated and capable of independent and critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have the highest moral and ethical integrity.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms