Principal Scientist, Discovery Biology, Immunology
Our client is a leading synthetic biology-based therapeutics company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Principal Scientist, Discovery Biology, Immunology
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Develops novel and/or optimizes existing cell-based assays and animal models to answer mechanistic and project-related questions.
- Utilizes cell, animal and human samples to understand host, microbiota and/or metabolic signatures to identify disease biomarkers and novel therapeutic targets.
- Contributes to the discovery of translational biomarkers and validates the biomarkers in collaboration with research team.
- Maintains laboratory notebook, creates reports and presents data to internal and external audience.
- Performs hands-on laboratory work.
- Works on new and existing cross-functional programs to expand the mechanistic understanding of therapeutics on the microbiome, host physiology/metabolism and/or host immune response.
- Identifies metabolic fingerprints and disease-pathway relevant biomarkers, in order to aid in novel target selection and the utilization of synthetic biology to create and evaluate novel therapeutics.
- Ph.D. in biology, cell biology, microbiology or related discipline required.
- Must have a minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Requires extensive knowledge in one or more of the following areas: immunology, immuno-oncology, metabolic disease, microbiome, host/microbe interaction, host physiology, metabolomics.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with relevant biological assays (cell-based assays, ELISA assays, flow cytometry, western blot, Taqman/qPCR, RNAseq, etc.) and disease-relevant animal models.
- The demonstrated ability to communicate, collaborate and work in a matrix environment is required.
- Adaptability, creative thinking, passion about science and scientific rigor required.
- Must be innovative, motivated and scientifically driven.
If interested, please email your resume as a Word attachment to us. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.