Principal Scientist, Biology
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Principal Scientist, Biology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads, designs, and executes experiments for drug discovery programs.
- Supervises and mentors junior scientists and research associates.
- Coordinates activities and acts as a key point of contact for external CROs.
- Identifies, evaluates, and applies novel techniques and emerging technologies.
- Effectively communicates complex biological data to stakeholders at all levels.
- A PhD in relevant area of biological science with 5 years of experience and at least 3 years within industry or an MS with at least 10 years of industrial laboratory experience is required.
- Recognized excellence working in multidisciplinary teams demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications and strong references is required.
- Must have an in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of concepts and hands-on experience in cellular and molecular mechanisms and in vitro/in vivo model systems.
- Deep expertise in cell-based techniques is required.
- Requires a thorough understanding of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to analyze and document results.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to clearly communicate results to a scientific audience and to maintain detailed written records.
- Requires excellent scientific leadership skills.
- Must be highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms