Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Pathologist.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Analyzes histological specimens.
- Prepares study reports or otherwise communicates and/or presents results. Interacts with CROs handling company projects.
- Manages operations.
- Contributes to teams working on various projects and will use expertise to help that team make decisions.
- Contributes to decisions about the safety and efficacy of clinical candidates and approaches to treatment, and/or to approaches to evaluation and investigations.
- A PhD, MD or DVM in pathology, neuropathology or a closely related field is required.
- Must have 8+ years of related work experience in an academic or industry setting.
- A strong understanding and experience in histopathology of neurodegenerative and/or ocular disease is required.
- Requires a strong publication record in pathology/histopathology.
- The demonstrated success in mentoring students/postdocs or research associates is required.
- Must have the ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects in diverse disease indications.
- Must have experience in in vivo imaging technologies (PET/MRI).
- Experience in pre-clinical gene therapy studies (viral vectored and/or non-viral delivery mechanisms) is required.
- Requires familiarity with neurosurgical techniques including stereotaxic surgery.
- Familiarity with ocular surgical techniques including subretinal and intravitreal injection is required.
- A strong understanding of histology techniques including immunohistochemistry is required.
- Must be able to be on-site 2-3 days per week.
- Some travel to CRO sites may be required (<10%).
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms