Medical Director, Medical Affairs
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Medical Director, Medical Affairs.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Drives the strategic implementation and medical plan for the company’s therapeutic area.
- Partners with the cross-functional product team, which develops integrated product strategy.
- Co-develops and initiates execution of data generation plans.
- Spearheads appropriate medical teams that co-develop tactics aligned with product strategies and ensures proper execution.
- Ensures the proper interpretation and evaluation of insights that are external for publications and presentations.
- Addresses any scientific decision support needs.
- Provides input into engagement plans with key external stakeholders.
- Maintains knowledge of the regulatory guidelines, disease state, competitors, marketplace, product, and related medical areas.
- Provides insights on emerging clinical and scientific trends back to the organization.
- Helps with the execution of the company's strategy at scientific meetings.
- Provides medical and scientific input into disease models, market research, epidemiological studies, and real-world study proposals.
- A Medical Degree is required.
- Must have a minimum of 8+ years of industry experience.
- Medical Affairs experience is preferred.
- Experience with working in rare or orphan disease space is preferred.
- Experience with Payer organizations is preferred.
- Requires experience with data analysis, synthesis, and presentations.
- Requires experience interacting with opinion leaders, researchers, and providers.
- Must have an overall strong ability to comprehend the mechanism of action, value proposition and disease state.
- Requires strong speaking and presentations skills.
- Must have a clear understanding of the Pharma industry environment.
- Requires the ability to build and create a strong strategic plan in collaboration with the team and stakeholders.
- Requires the ability to work comfortably within a cross-functional and matrix environment.
- The ability to travel up to 30% of the time is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.