Medical Content Lead
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Medical Content Lead.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Develops and maintains high-quality, scientifically accurate and balanced medical and scientific information.
- Creates Field Medical slides decks.
- Reviews all assigned medical communications materials and publications to ensure quality, alignment with scientific communication platforms, and compliance with standards for ethical reporting of study data.
- Serves as the escalation point for triage of complex inquiries.
- Manages the daily support of external vendors, including medical writing and other agencies.
- Responds to medical information inquiries from healthcare professionals, patients and payors submitted by Field colleagues.
- Provides medical review of promotional and medical materials to ensure content is accurate and medically appropriate.
- Possesses a vision for use of innovative technology to create new opportunities for dissemination of medical information.
- Contributes to Medical Affairs congress planning activities, such as Medical Education and Medical Affairs booth content.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for Medical Education.
- Proactively analyzes and distributes actionable insights and metrics to relevant functions to inform business planning.
- Represents Medical Info function at interdisciplinary meetings, congresses and with vendors.
- A Medical degree, PharmD, or PhD is required.
- A minimum three to five years of pharmaceutical industry-based Medical Information and Promotional Materials Review experience is required.
- Must have prior experience with product launches, especially in the US.
- Prior experience in Oncology is preferred.
- Must have an understanding and knowledge of FDA/Regulatory guidance on appropriate scientific exchange practices.
- The ability to lead initiatives and work with teams cross-functionally is required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Requires a firm understanding of the drug development process including key phases and processes.
- The demonstrated ability to build alignment, negotiate and collaborate is required.
- Must have strong leadership and organization skills with a solutions-oriented approach driving optimal business results in a matrix environment.
- Must be a strong team player and be willing to work in a high-paced environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
- Must demonstrate flexibility in response to changing needs and competing demands.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal oversight and direction, to anticipate needs from leadership and other stakeholders, and to balance multiple and often diverse priorities.
- Must have a passion for improving the lives of cancer patients.
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms