Vice President/Head, Strategic Alliances
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company spanning multiple therapeutic areas. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Vice President/Head, Strategic Alliances
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Collaborates with senior leadership and makes key contributions to the company’s overall scientific strategy.
- Plays a key role in interfacing with R&D teams to establish and continuously enhance the roadmap for partnerships with pharma/biotech, academia, and government research institutions.
- Makes key contributions to the identification and scientific assessment of business development opportunities.
- Maintains business and scientific relationships to ensure alliances with the company are kept on track to deliver value to both parties.
- Designs and builds processes to establish external advisory committees to support the breadth of the company’s portfolio.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to extend external relationships by expanding existing partnerships or creating additional collaborations.
- Conducts analyses for the purpose of competitive intelligence, portfolio/pipeline analyses, benchmarking summaries, commercial strategy, and out-licensing opportunities.
- Networks extensively to develop long-term strategic partnerships with thought leaders both internally and externally and develops a comprehensive plan for engagement.
- Represents the company at medical meetings, advisory boards and outreach meetings as needed/appropriate.
- Establishes scientific strategy for thought leaders, medical communications and publications, scientific congress activities, medical education programs and scientific advisory boards.
- Maintains outstanding external stakeholder engagement, including mapping and profiling of KOL’s, mapping patient journey and understanding needs and value drivers.
- Identifies important value drivers and key risks in pipeline, leading efforts to mitigate risks and accelerate value.
- Plays a key role in leading translational biology strategy or early clinical development programs as needed.
- MD or PhD required.
- Requires significant industry experience with functional expertise in either medical affairs, or alliance management as well as translational sciences and/or clinical development.
- Must be capable of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams in a highly integrated translational/early clinical development structure.
- Must have scientific expertise as evidenced by publications in high-impact, peer reviewed top-tier journals, and presentations at research meetings.
- Experience facilitating scientific relationships with external partners and organizing external expert feedback regarding scientific and medical opportunities for therapeutic programs is required.
- Requires a demonstrated track record of advancing multiple product candidates through key R&D pivot points.
- Experience providing scientific assessment of business development opportunities as a member of alliance management or due diligence teams is required.
- Knowledge of medical affairs and/or alliance management highly desirable.
- Requires demonstrated understanding of the drug development process across the spectrums of development and commercialization.
- Must have a strong executive presence with the ability to communicate complex ideas with clarity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders and align interests of multiple parties is required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Requires experience engaging with KOLs and external advisors in a leadership capacity.
- Prior experience thriving in a small/entrepreneurial setting is preferred.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively articulate highly technical/complex scientific data and concepts to audiences with differing scientific and technical knowledge is required.
- Requires proven ability to perform successfully under stringent timelines and with changing and competing priorities.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.