Head of Technical Development & Site Lead
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Head of Technical Development & Site Lead.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Oversees the mRNA development capabilities and delivers mRNA-based products.
- Ensures sufficient resources are incorporated for mRNA-based process, product, and analytical development.
- Develops and promote a global collaboration with the other recombinant PD functions.
- Identifies, develops, and trains a new leadership team.
- Manages a multi-million-dollar budget including a significant capital expansion.
- Oversees of the resources and staff within the TD function.
- Assesses the appropriateness of new capital requests within these departments for fitness to purpose, best practice, and necessity.
- Oversees and reviews progress of departmental activities against project timelines.
- Shows scientific and technical leadership to Department heads and senior staff.
- Ensures Product Development provides accurate leadership to Project strategic planning around targets for developmental stage and validation.
- Provides strategic guidance for future planning requirements for Product Development.
- Performs Due Diligence assessments of new technology opportunities, new partnership opportunities and new acquisition opportunities as required.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of global standards, international quality systems and best practices for developing biological products.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Ensures that the processes for manufacturing mRNA products are established within the global recombinant manufacturing network.
- Leads and motivate all staff within the departments.
- Continues to build relationships with local academic institutions and experts within the mRNA field.
- Efficiently and effectively manages site-related TD business and operations while ensuring seamless alignment with all business processes and systems.
- A PhD in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related Scientific discipline is required.
- Must have at least 15 years of management experience.
- Significant experience in biotechnology industry, specializing in the production, formulation and testing of mRNA therapy products or closely related experience is required.
- Must be able to deal with rapid change, have a strong customer service focus, and be committed to high quality outcomes.
- Must have excellent and proven people management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to provide advice, assistance, and guidance to others.
- Must be an excellent scientist with experimental design, physical characterization and assay development, scientific method, statistical DOE, and strong data analysis skills.
- Resource planning, scheduling, and budgeting skills are required.
- Experience in technical/scientific protocol and report writing is required.
- Must be computer literate especially with our suite of PC software packages.
- A detailed understanding of GLP, GMP, QBD, process validation and scale up parameters is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms