Head of Preclinical Development
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Head of Preclinical Development.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Works closely and collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional sub teams, as well
as external collaborators and consultants to plan and execute the overall development of drug
candidates from research to post market application.
- Represents and supports the Preclinical Development department on cross-functional project teams.
- Participates in program initiatives that further business objectives.
- Develops and implements the overall Pharmacology and Toxicology strategy for the nonclinical development plans in support of all stages of drug development.
- Oversees all Pharmacology and Toxicology activities from in vitro to in vivo studies.
- Designs, executes, and interprets nonclinical studies conducted in multiple species under non-GLP
and GLP conditions.
- Assists with designing and implementing organizational processes, budgetary and capital
equipment requirements, and identifies needs for additional resources.
- A PhD in Pharmacology, Toxicology or closely related field is required.
- Must have a minimum of ten years of nonclinical experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Veterinarian pathology experience is strongly preferred.
- Requires at least five years of experience managing people, particularly in a lab setting.
- Must have the ability to build and foster cross-functional collaborations both internally and
- The demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems is required.
- Requires knowledge of regulatory agency guidance documents and white papers.
- Must have prior experience working in a regulated environment.
- Requires a strong understanding of GLP and drug development.
- Requires the established ability to interact with various regulatory agencies.
- Must have a strong understanding of FDA and OECD Good Laboratory Practices.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms