Head of Bioproduction
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Head of Bioproduction.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Pilots a team responsible for preclinical production across portfolio programs.
- Builds and leads operations for in-process, release, and characterization testing.
- Owns all preclinical production operations.
- Leads tech transfer of processes and analytical methods into the team from both internal and external collaborators.
- Serves as the material generation lead on cross-functional program teams.
- Works closely with Process Development and Analytical Development teams to actively drive the design, development, and optimization of manufacturing process.
- Collaborates with colleagues to advance platform and pipeline.
- Establishes and maintains training program process for new scientists and engineers in Process Development and Analytical Development.
- Builds and leads a growing team of scientists and engineers.
- Authors technical reports, product generation summaries, and inventory and supplier strategy assessments as needed.
- A PhD or equivalent in Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related discipline with at least 6 years of relevant industry experience in a drug development setting or BS/MS with at least 10 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience leading preclinical production in a development setting is required.
- Must have demonstrated experience with quality and documentation requirements for preclinical production and method execution.
- Experience with process design and GMP manufacturing considerations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of GLP/GMP requirements is preferred.
- Experience interfacing with multiple key stakeholders in a dynamic environment to enable real-time prioritization is required.
- At least 4 years of experience with direct management of a lab-based team is required.
- Must be a proven collaborator and team player.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who continuously seeks innovative solutions.
- Must be eager to brainstorm and test potential answers to tough technical questions.
- Must be able to work well in fast-paced startup environment.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms