Head of Hematology Discovery
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Head of Hematology Discovery.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Implements and analyzes in vivo and in vitro experimental studies to advance red blood cell platform and pipelines.
- Leads product-focused discovery products from ideation through early clinical development.
- Contributes to experiment design, troubleshooting, and scientific discussions.
- Leads one or more research discovery programs.
- Provides strategic and technical leadership to the research platform and drug research programs and initiatives.
- Manages timelines, milestones, and program objectives.
- Establishes and maintains partnerships to ensure strategic alignment, sharing of best practices, standardization, and visibility to the performance of the organization.
- Oversees the development of optimal target validation strategy, running assays, and data analysis.
- Collaborates with senior leadership and makes key contributions to the company’s overall scientific strategy.
- Provides business and strategic perspective to translate corporate vision into R&D milestones. Motivates the research team to deliver on the corporate goals.
- Extends and diversifies internal capabilities through interaction with CROs as well as external industry and academic collaborators.
- Develops a highly collaborative team with an innovative, results-oriented mindset.
- Supervises, mentors, and guides team members.
- A PhD in biology or relevant discipline is required.
- Must have significant experience in a research environment in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry or academia.
- A demonstrated application of expertise in red blood cell biology is required.
- Must have broad exposure to drug discovery research and preclinical development with an understanding of the complex interface between research and clinical development.
- Pharmacology experience is preferred.
- Must understand basic laboratory techniques that include cell culture, flow cytometry, and molecular biology.
- Must be familiar with the key medical/scientific experts within the therapeutic field.
- Must have a successful track record in drug discovery research in leading teams and in delivering drug candidates for development.
- The ability to provide novel, innovative solutions to challenging problems is required. Must have the desire to learn and tackle new challenges and initiatives.
- Must be proficient in aligning and building teams to accomplish a collective goal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms