Field Medical Scientist – New England
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on innovative therapeutics for life threating diseases. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Field Medical Scientist – New England.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Acts as the primary scientific resource to Health Care Providers in the pertaining geography for information on disease state and product(s) to ensure awareness and understanding.
- Serves as a channel for accurate and updated clinical, scientific, and medical information between Thought Leaders and the Company’s Medical Affairs.
- Oversees efforts to educate field assigned specialists and other key medical audiences.
- Maintains and demonstrates a thorough knowledge of disease state, clinical information, and product data.
- Provides medical educational support to payers, service providers, patient advocacy groups, and other key stakeholders.
- Participates in medical meetings, scientific advisory boards, regional events and patient advocacy meetings as appropriate.
- Presents clinical and scientific data on the product and relevant therapeutic areas to formulary decision making partners.
- Identifies and communicates key clinical and research issues from industry leaders to appropriate internal partners.
- Adheres to regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information.
- Represents the Company in a professional, ethical, compassionate, and scientifically credible manner.
- Addresses administrative and reporting needs in timely and organized fashion.
- Builds and maintains peer-to-peer relationships with providers in the therapeutic areas in which the Company has current and future interests.
- Acts as medical training support for commercial and medical colleagues.
- Engages with external researchers with interest in investigator-initiated studies.
- Supports clinical trial operations to ensure success with planned and ongoing clinical trials.
- An advanced degree, such as MD, PhD, PharmD, Advanced Practice nurse (NP, DNP), or PA in medical sciences is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a medical science liaison in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology field is required. Post doctorate training and clinical experience in pipeline related disease states will be considered as an alternative to industry experience.
- An advanced understanding of clinical and medical science in Type 1 Diabetes or immunology is required.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in a hospital or clinical setting is preferred.
- Must have a strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare market, acceptable practices, and related regulations.
- Knowledge of product-related clinical applications is required.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be capable of engaging in frequent business travel.
- The demonstrated ability to work independently in a virtual environment while adhering to Medical Affairs strategic directions is required.
- Must be competent in engaging and presenting in virtual engagement platforms.
- The ability to analyze complex situations and proactively identify opportunities and issues is required.
- Must be able to effectively solve problems that cross functional boundaries.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must live in the New England region.
- Must live near major airport hub within geography.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms