Executive Medical Director, Respiratory
Our client is a biotherapeutics company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for an Executive Medical Director, Respiratory.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Provides medical leadership and guidance for clinical development activities for direct reports.
- Works with other MD Leads and Head of Clinical Development to ensure adequate resourcing across the portfolio.
- Manages team of physicians in the Clinical Development group. Acts as a mentor, guides clinical development based on his/her expertise in all phases of clinical development in general and in specific areas of therapeutic knowledge.
- Contributes to global clinical development strategy for all projects in therapeutic area.
- Ensures that high quality clinical and scientific content is provided into Regulatory submissions and ensures defense and negotiation with Regulatory agencies.
- Leads and supports preparations for stage-gate evaluations and benefit-risk assessments.
- Oversees and supports the clinical development activity of assigned reports and ensures project alignment with TA strategy.
- Ensures that the patient and physician voice is at the forefront in strategy development.
- Builds networks with external experts.
- Drives excellence in clinical development execution.
- Ensures scientific and medically robust clinical development and medical affairs activities.
- Represents the company and TA externally.
- Oversees the quality of clinical plans in the Respiratory therapeutic area.
- A Medical degree is required. Board certification in Internal medicine with relevant subspecialty is highly preferred. If not Board Certified in relevant subspecialty, then experience in that TA is required.
- Clinical development experience leading a therapeutic area or complex clinical program with a working knowledge of pharmaceutical and regulatory development processes is essential.
- A minimum of five years’ experience preferred, acquired in either industry or academic positions, although the latter would also require experience in working with industry sponsors.
- Outstanding influencing ability and collaboration skills are required.
- Proven leadership experience is required.
- The ability to work effectively in a matrix environment that includes interactions with multiple stakeholder groups is required; particularly demonstrated ability to work across the critical interfaces between Clinical and functions.
- Must have experience interacting with Health Authorities and designing programs that meet the needs of HA’s, commercial and payers.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms