Executive Medical Director
Our client is an innovative biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for an Executive Medical Director.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Co-leads the asset team strategy with an enterprise mindset.
- Manages clinical development medical or scientific directors who are managing various clinical trials for the asset.
- Mentors and oversees R&D personnel to design asset development plans and protocols spanning all phases of development that are aligned with the target product profile.
- Contributes to the biostatistics analysis plan and oversees the development of the primary and secondary endpoints for efficacy and safety.
- Reviews, interprets, and presents asset data to internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversees clinical development colleagues in co-authoring and reviewing clinical sections of regulatory documents.
- Contributes to publication strategy and content of individual publications, abstracts, and presentations.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of scientific and clinical published literature.
- Assures implementation of latest clinical thinking and guidance into the clinical development plan.
- Serves as medical and technical resource for clinical issues.
- Provides input reviews study start up documentations.
- Attends and provides clinical support for investigator and steering committee meetings.
- Participates in due diligence and business development activities as needed.
- Always operates within Compliance Guidelines.
- Provides medical monitoring oversight for clinical trials as required.
- A Medical degree or MD/PhD is required.
- At least ten years in biopharmaceutical sponsored clinical research is desirable.
- Biopharmaceutical experience as a medical monitor and clinical lead across therapeutic areas is highly preferred.
- A solid understanding of relevant areas is required.
- Requires the ability to analyze and interpret complex datasets.
- Must exercise initiative in meeting goals and drive innovation in projects.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- A professional, proactive demeanor is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Neurology expertise is preferred but not required.
- Occasional travel is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms