Executive Director, Search & Evaluation
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Executive Director, Search & Evaluation.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Oversees the identification, evaluation, and prioritization of assets and scientific platforms for in-licensing and acquisition with a focus on hematology.
- Builds professional networks with emerging science and technology members and contributes to the reputation of the organization as a leader in the space.
- Builds relationships with VCs, academics, biotechs, and pharma to identify novel assets.
- Evaluates assets based on scientific feasibility and risks, clinical pathway, strategic fit, and potential for patient benefit.
- Partners with business development leaders and external consultants to assess market opportunities and prioritizes assets and platforms for diligence.
- Leads internal due diligence processes for assets, and partners effectively with internal research, clinical and product strategy functions to deliver full assessments.
- Collaborates with the search & evaluation oversight group and makes regular presentations to the executive leadership team.
- An advanced scientific degree such as a PhD or MD is required.
- Experience in rare disease, hematology, or oncology is preferred.
- Must have 10 or more years of pharma or biotech experience, including research and clinical translation, and at least 3 years in a search and evaluation role.
- A solid understanding of pharmaceutical R&D and business development is required.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and a track record of effective networking.
- Experience networking in hematology or adjacent therapeutic areas is a plus.
- The ability to summarize complex technical information and communicate strategic context to experts and non-experts alike is required.
- Must have the ability to understand, internalize and align with corporate strategy.
- Must be well organized and comfortable with multi-tasking.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms