Executive Director, Program Leader
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for an Executive Director, Program Leader.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Collaborates with cross-functional leaders to develop comprehensive product development.
- Partners with leaders to develop lifecycle management plans that optimize value, time, resources, risk, and alignment with business objectives.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and works closely with Project Management.
- Develops and implements product development and lifecycle management plans.
- Develops the vision and strategy for the asset and a plan to achieve potential.
- Identifies and manages critical path activities and resources.
- Recognizes and oversees interdependencies and hand-offs.
- Identifies and proactively mitigates roadblocks.
- Identifies and documents risks, likelihoods, severities, and key mitigations.
- Leads contingency plans.
- Captures and communicates progress.
- Escalates potential delays with proposed solutions.
- Guides programs through corporate governance to warrant that projects have adequate resources and technical expertise to meet strategic goals.
- Ensures that issues are raised, discussed, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Guarantees that project teams receive management decisions in a timely manner.
- Confirms that programs adhere to agreed-upon scope, timelines, resources, and budget.
- Takes responsibility for clear and timely communication about the program throughout the enterprise.
- Takes responsibility for facilitating team meetings and working with team leaders to ensure that everyone is working in alignment on strategic and operational topics.
- Presents project updates, strategic issues, options, and recommendations to the Portfolio Committee.
- Helps team members to grow by freely sharing expertise and helping to identify opportunities for members to grow as leaders.
- Defines priorities and an approach to leveraging external opportunities in close collaboration with External Innovation, Business Development and academic experts.
- Advocates on behalf of the company.
- Conveys scientific/medical/clinical concepts to stakeholders in both written and oral communication.
- A Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline is required.
- An advanced or professional degree (e.g., PhD, MD, or MBA) is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 8+ years of relevant work experiences in the industry.
- Must have strong leadership skills from leading cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Requires highly collaborative instincts and an ability to resolve team conflicts.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with experts of all levels within the organization is required.
- Requires a high degree of organizational awareness and understanding of change management and leading innovation.
- Requires drug development experience.
- Must have knowledge of the overall drug development process relevant to biotech/ pharmaceutical companies.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.