Executive Director, Pricing
Our client is a pharmaceutical company focused on creating lifesaving medicines for patients through use of modern and innovative science. They have asked us to assist them in their search for an Executive Director, Pricing.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Leads the development of novel contracting approaches including risk share and outcome base contracts.
- Advises on appropriate management strategies, tactics and profitability measures to optimize price and brand.
- Assimilates competitive and customer insights to make data driven decisions.
- Provides analytical pricing support to the various teams.
- Supports price-setting through research using relevant analytical approaches and pricing research methods.
- Develops year-on-year trends and benchmarks using payer analytics reports.
- Builds ROI models and competitive insights based on product utilization analyses and reports by customer segments.
- Generates pricing solutions for affordability considerations in partnership with the market access and pricing brand leads.
- Develops analytical models to determine price strategies that maximize profit and revenue.
- Engages with sales forecasting and analysis, market access, finance and contracting teams to develop internal insights and analysis capabilities.
- Delivers innovative digital and omni-channel market access and pricing capabilities.
- Collaborates with affiliates to improve commercial agreements strategically and operationally across channels.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Creates and maintains key analytical and governance systems.
- Developing and implementing the Global Pricing and Governance Policy.
- An MBA is required. An advanced degree in life sciences is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of fifteen years of experience in the biopharmaceutical, managed care, or vaccines environment.
- Must have a minimum of ten years of experience in pricing, contracting, and tendering.
- Experience in pricing analysis is required.
- Must have experience in tender planning, shaping and execution.
- Experience in omnichannel execution and customer experience management is required.
- Requires experience in B2B or B2G commercialization.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of the US and major ex-US healthcare systems and reimbursement processes, as well as public policy decisions-making.
- Knowledge of pricing approaches and research methods is required.
- Must have knowledge of affordability considerations and solutions.
- Requires knowledge of impact of international reference pricing, cross-indication referencing and launch sequencing.
- The ability to apply profitability measures and break-even analyses to recommend net floor price considerations is required.
- Must have the ability to create excellence processes and playbooks to ensure consistent and high-quality delivery across products.
- The ability to lead high quality delivery into multiple operating, financial and planning processes is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 150 Best Executive Recruiting Firms