Director/VP Business Development – West
Our client is a pharmaceutical manufacturing company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director/VP Business Development.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Participates in the development and implementation of key account and market strategies targeting clients that have the potential to substantially increase market share.
- Aligns with manufacturing capabilities and anticipated customer needs.
- Develops effective sales and marketing processes (market research, forecasting, client development, relationship building, pricing, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, deal closing and the handoff of contracts to Project Management).
- Supports the design, implementation and effectiveness of systems and processes that facilitate accurate and timely decision making and reporting.
- Creates marketing/competitive intelligence capability that identifies and positions the company in the forefront of key industry trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- Fosters the development of senior level customer relationships, including the negotiation of contract agreements that follow company systems, acting as the primary company representative.
- Develops and maintains positive, constructive, and trusting relationships with members of the executive leadership as well as with in-house organization.
- Participates in business development meetings as required.
- Coordinates both internal and external technical, legal and/or financial due diligence activities for specific business opportunities.
- Manages regional budget and sales pipeline and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of business development activities.
- Represents the company at various trade and industry shows, community, and/or business meetings that positively promote the company.
- Requires at least an MSc in Natural Sciences (Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology).
- Must have experience in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing environment, CDMO.
- 5-10 years of experience in Business Development is required.
- A solid understanding of Biological Manufacturing processes and their regulatory requirements is required.
- Must have knowledge in upstream and downstream manufacturing, as well as analytical tests and technology transfer processes.
- Requires outstanding logical/analytical thinking and analysis capacities, to deliver facts-based evaluations and decision making.
- Requires flexibility working with global teams in different time zones and be able to travel per business request.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms