Director, Strategy & Portfolio Management
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Strategy & Portfolio Management.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Manages decision-making processes that are related to the drug development pipeline.
- Oversees key analyses and decision analytics that are used to inform portfolio management decisions.
- Synthesizes cross-functional perspectives to communicate to the leadership team and to enable portfolio decision-making.
- Prepares team for Monthly Portfolio Strategy and Bi-Annual Portfolio reviews with the Executive Committee.
- Communicates with cross-functional teams to frame, structure, and develop executive-level communication materials for key importance leaders.
- Supports leadership team with enterprise strategy and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a 4-year post-graduate degree or an 8-year post bachelor’s degree is required. An MD or PhD is preferred.
- Must have a background in strategy consulting, corporate strategy, or in related functions within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Some degree of experience working in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry is preferred.
- Must have exceptional strategic acumen, problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and leadership ability.
- The ability to present to and interact with the Chief Strategy Officer and other members of the Executive Committee is required.
- Must have the ability to manage cross-functional projects and execute against deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral are required.
- The ability to understand the business implications of the technical aspects of the biopharmaceutical business model is required.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in creating and auditing financial models in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Must have experience in slide design and presentation delivery by utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.