Director, Strategy and Portfolio Management
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Strategy and Portfolio Management.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Supports decision-making processes related to the drug development pipeline.
- Defines and oversees key analyses and decision analytics.
- Prepares portfolio-decision making reviews.
- Communicates cross-functional perspectives to assist in portfolio-decision making.
- Works with cross-functional team to frame, structure, and develop executive-level communication materials for the CEO, Executive Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Supports leadership team with enterprise strategy and special projects as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A graduate degree with a scientific academic background (Medical degree or PhD) is ideal.
- Requires a minimum of four years of experience post-graduate degree or seven years of experience post-Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have extensive experience in strategy consulting or corporate strategy in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Some degree of experience working in (or consulting to) the pharmaceutical or biotech industry is preferred.
- Must have exceptional strategic acumen, problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and leadership ability.
- Requires the ability to present to and interact with the Chief Strategy Officer and other members of the Executive Committee.
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven ability in solving strategic questions is required.
- Must have the ability to work in a matrixed environment or on cross-functional teams.
- Requires the ability to manage cross-functional projects and execute against deadlines.
- Must take full ownership over work product.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and “zero defect” mindset is required.
- The Proven ability to create and audit financial models in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Must have experience in slide design and presentation delivery utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Must have a professional, proactive demeanor.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms